Many business owners face the challenges of growing companies. There are ever-increasing costs for hosting data and expanding on your own can be quite difficult. How to keep up? It is time to migrate to the cloud.
What is Cloud Migration?
Cloud Migration is the process of moving your data and applications from your property to the cloud. It can include moving all of your applications and services, or it can be partial.
Why should you consider Cloud Migration?
There are many benefits of moving everything to another company that specializes in cloud technology. Here are the most important ones:
- Security. Security is one of the top priorities of any cloud service provider. They usually have to comply with many different standards for security and provide excellent service to the customers.
- Scalability. It is far easier to just click a few times and upgrade your account with all of the needed resources for your growth, than spend weeks searching for components which require configuration.
- Less IT – You can have just a minimum amount of IT staff. You don’t need to have people checking for every patch or update. Your cloud provider is responsible for this.
- Cost. You won’t need to upgrade your gear and software. You simply pay a monthly fee. It is more convenient and lets you plan your expenses better.
- Geographical expansion. This one is related to scalability. It is expensive and hard to expand to other international markets. You can directly benefit from the point of presence.
Types of Cloud Migration
Shift-and-lift. This one is “like cut and paste” style migration. For example, you move everything from your server to a cloud server. It copies all the data from the 3 layers (Application, Database, and OS) without changes. It is easier because it doesn’t require additional processes.
Technical. Here, just the applications are saved while the database and OS are changed. This can be a bit tricky, but it can have serious benefits like better performance and speed.
Migration process, steps
- Research. Think about your needs. What is currently missing? Why do you want to Migrate? When you have a clear idea, start searching for cloud providers that cover your needs. Think about what you need now, and what you could need in the near feature. Choose a provider that has plans that offer more than what you need now, so you could easily upgrade in the future.
- Choose your level of integration. What exactly do you want to move to the cloud? Is it everything or just specific applications? What about your storage?
- Choose the cloud environment. Are you planning to use a single cloud or a multi-cloud environment? If you have a very particular need, like using a specific ERP software, you might be ok with just one cloud, but for big companies, you might need to use different providers to cover all of your needs.
- Migrating data and applications. You should be sure that your database can be transferred and work with the cloud you have chosen. If your data is very big, you might need to find a way to compress it. Make sure that you send the data through a secure path. Losing your data can damage your company strongly.
If you are really determined to migrate your business to the cloud, you can check out our offers here. Cloudware.bg provides excellent service, at a good price. For any specific questions, you can contact us at email@example.com. Cloud is the future, jump on the trend now!